Spreadsheet web app questions

More
5 years 2 months ago #3501 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Spreadsheet web app questions
Hi,
When the plugin starts, it waits the number of seconds set next to UpdateFrequency (e.g. 5 seconds) to avoid lag at the start and load right away.
After that time, it calls Import_Google and starts the download process. This can take some time depending on how big the spreadsheet is and internet connection.

Once is downloaded, if its set to OnSceneLoaded, it waits for any scene to be loaded and calls LocalizationManager.Sources[0].mSource.ApplyDownloadedDataFromGoogle() to apply the data and relocalize all.

The problem is that from the moment the game starts to the moment the information is downloaded and ready to be used, it can pass some time and so your first 3 scene changes may have been before that.

If you manually call Import_Google, it will try to download the data (be aware, that it does a quick check first to see if the previously downloaded data is not up-to-date, otherwise the download is skipped). But after the new data is downloaded you still need to call ApplyDownloadedDataFromGoogle() or switch scenes depending on your settings.

Also, for testing you can do Import_Google(true, false); To force updating (disregarding the Update Frequency) and not just testing if we are up-to-date.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #3502 by GuruGurra

After that time, it calls Import_Google and starts the download process

If it does, I didn't catch it in the logcat. To where is it downloaded? If it is downloaded to the local cache I should see the updates next time I start the app, which I don't.

If you manually call Import_Google, it will try to download the data

If it does, I didn't catch it in the logcat.

you can do Import_Google(true, false); To force updating

That is exactly what I did. It doesn't work if its set to OnSceneLoaded but works if set to AsSoonAsDownloaded .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine