Localized strings does not follow into Xcode

More
6 years 1 week ago #2844 by erkalanger
Hi!

I have about 40 terms translated into four languages.

When I build to iOS Xcode 'InfoPlist.strings' only holds the appName (CFBundleDisplayName = "Space n Time";) and 'Localizable.strings' is completely empty.
It is the same for all the languages.

The app starts without any errors but when I manually change language within the app, no strings are changed.

Why doesn't the strings follow into Xcode? Or are they to be found elsewhere?

Versions:
I2 Localization 2.8.2 f2
Unity 2017.1.0f3
macOs 10.13.3
Xcode 9.2
iOS 11.2.6

Thanks! /Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 days ago #2848 by Frank
Hi,

'InfoPlist.strings' only holds the appName (CFBundleDisplayName = "Space n Time" and 'Localizable.strings' is completely empty

That's how it is supposed to work.
InfoPList localizes the appname and in the new beta, also a few more product settings.
Localizable.strings are there just for iTunes store to know your game is translated to those languages and show it in the appstore description. But those files are not used by I2 Localization.

Why doesn't the strings follow into Xcode? Or are they to be found elsewhere?

To store the terms, I2 Localization uses the LanguageSource prefab, and once in the device, that prefab is automatically split into 1 file per language and saved in the temporal folder. That way, anything that its not in use can be unloaded.

The app starts without any errors but when I manually change language within the app, no strings are changed

That could either be, Google live synchronization using a not up-to-date spreadsheet or one of the cases described in this post:
www.inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localiza...n-t-find-string#2843

Another possibility is that you are seeing the bug related to Targets reverting to "None". If that's the case, you should update to the latest version of I2 Localization (v2.8.4), which have a fix for this issue.

Hope that helps,
Frank

www.inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localiza...n-t-find-string#2842

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine