After Installation, closed/open then fatal error

More
5 years 3 months ago #3332 by Tarek
[skip to bold text to skip story]

Hi there,

I've imported the asset and installed the package, all went fine. I was going through the first example scene to learn, I was learning how to setup a webapp to my docs. I followed the steps exactly yet in the end was told [!] error, maybe webapp needs to be updated.

I couldn't understand what that meant, I tried restarting the process multiple times yet it kept giving me an error. I went to the forums and saw someone say "just restart unity it worked for me" so in the midst of this all, I closed unity and reopened it. Now all of unity' editor UI is off and broken, all I2 scripts are disabled and have a [!] on them, and somehow it disabled the playmaker widow and I can't open PM anymore since the Playmaker from menus tab isn't there anymore. Nor can I play my project.

In the end got this error msg:
Assets/I2/Localization PlayMaker/Actions/I2GetTranslation.cs(29,104): error CS1061: Type `I2.Loc.LanguageSource' does not contain a definition for `GetTranslation' and no extension method `GetTranslation' of type `I2.Loc.LanguageSource' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Unfortunately I'm primarily a visual scripter and couldn't find out what this means, I'd appreciate any help please.
Good news I backed the project, but just want to see if I can progress from here.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3334 by Frank
Hi,
I'm sorry about the PlayMaker issues with the lastest version.
When I commited the changes to fix the problems with Unity 2018.3 new prefab flow, I forgot to update the PlayMaker package, and so it produces those errors.

That was fixed in 2.8.10a1
www.inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localiza...18-2?start=%1$d#3293

You can download the latest 2.8.10 from the beta folder. I'm planning on uploading it to the AssetStore this weekend, but it normally takes a few days to be approved.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 3 months ago #3336 by Tarek
Hi Frank,

I understand thanks, do I sign up for the beta folder via email? This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3337 by Frank
To get access to the beta, just email me your unity invoice ID and I will send you an invite.
Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarek

More
5 years 3 months ago #3338 by Tarek
It's unreal how quickly you respond I love it

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine