Playmaker Integration Error (Unity 2018.3)

More
5 years 2 months ago #3448 by thatscraigz
Hi Frank!

I've recently updated i2 to the latest in Unity 2018.3 and have an error with the Playmaker integration. This is the error:
Assets/I2/Localization/PlayMaker I2/Actions/Editor/I2SetTermInspector.cs(65,88): error CS1061: Type `I2.Loc.ILanguageSource' does not contain a definition for `mSource' and no extension method `mSource' of type `I2.Loc.ILanguageSource' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any direction on what I should do?

Thank you for all your help, I'm a huge fan of i2! :)

best,

craigz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #3449 by Frank
Hi,
When you updated I2 Localization to the latest version, did you also reinstalled the PlayMaker package that comes with I2Loc?

There was a change in I2 Localization for Unity 2018.3 new prefab system, and I had to change the Playmaker actions to account for that.
So, check this when upgrading:
- Install latest I2 Localization (v2.8.11)
- Install the Playmaker package that comes with I2 Localization.

If you are still getting that error after installing both packages, please let me know and I will try digging a bit more into it.
Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 2 months ago #3451 by thatscraigz
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick response :)

I updated the plugin as well as the Playmaker Integration. The only part I was confused about was the part that mentioned 'If you use PlayMaker, please, install the Assets\I2\Localization\I2Localization_PlayMaker.unitypackage
and >> then the PlayMaker Unity UI Addon.<<'

Is the Playmaker Unity UI Addon something separate?

best,

craigz

More
5 years 2 months ago #3452 by Frank
Yes.

The I2Localization_PlayMaker.unitypackage contains all the actions you need to access I2 Localization using Playmaker (e.g. SetTerm, SetLanguage, GetTranslation, etc)

Now, I2 Localization, example scene that shows the PlayMaker integration is also using the Unity UI. So, if you want to test the example, you need to also install the Playmaker Unity UI Addon from the Playmaker site.
That its only needed if you want to run the example scene or use the PlayMaker actions when Unity UI buttons are pressed.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 2 months ago #3457 by thatscraigz
Ah, I understand. In that case yes, I do have everything imported and up to date and still getting that error :/

A little more information, I did upgrade from 2017.3 if that helps.

Let me know if you have any ideas, I really appreciate it :(

best,

craigz

More
5 years 2 months ago #3459 by thatscraigz
Hi again Frank,

I've also tried removing the Playmaker integration and re importing but problem persists.

best,

craigz

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine