il2cpp crash for Xbox One

More
5 years 1 month ago #3514 by Farbs
Hi,

I'm trying to build for Xbox One and am experiencing the following error:
fatal error C1071: unexpected end of file found in comment

I noticed that another developer had reported the same while using I2 Localization, however their thread is now hidden (I assume to avoid breaking Xbox tech privacy agreements). The thread is here:

http://inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization/1161-build-error-building-for-xbox-one-using-il2cpp

Would you be able to give me access to this thread, or otherwise contact me directly to discuss this? You can reach me via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or DM me on twitter @FarbsMcFarbs.

Thanks,
Farbs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3515 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic il2cpp crash for Xbox One
Hi,
That thread is not hidden, it was deleted by the user that posted it before I could reply. I'm guessing he solved the issue and deleted the post.

Just to double check, are you using the latest version of I2 Localization?
That error seems like a bad or corrupted file missing part of it so the comment doesn't end. Have you tried doing a clean install? (delete the I2 folder and install the plugin again), so that all files get installed again and not merged.

I don't have access to an Xbox One to try it myself, but there are several other developers that are currently using I2 Localization in XBox.
I would like to help, but I need your help figuring out whats the issue. It will be great If after doing the clean install, you could email me more details about the error (a file name or line number would be ideal!).

If its better for you, feel free to contact me directly to my This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 1 month ago #3516 by Farbs
Replied by Farbs on topic il2cpp crash for Xbox One
Hi Frank,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. We are using the latest version, yes. I wouldn't have suspected I2 Localization was causing this if it weren't for the post I linked coming up as an early result via google :)

I think it can be caused by odd unicode characters in the generated source, which I guess is a thing a localization package might do. Nonetheless, with that thread deleted I have much less reason to think it's related to I2, so I'll stop bothering you for now. If anyone finds this post though and are chasing what looks like the same bug, feel free to contact me. My details are in the earlier post.

Cheers again,
Farbs

More
5 years 1 month ago #3517 by Farbs
Replied by Farbs on topic il2cpp crash for Xbox One
Oh! Actually I think I found it. The default StringObfuscatorPassword is a giant pile of random unicode, and il2cpp inserts that into the generated cpp as a single line comment. I'm guessing one of the characters was an end-of-file, or at least the compiler was interpreting it as such.

Changing the password fixed the compilation error.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3518 by Frank
Great! Thanks for finding that and letting me know!!
There is indeed a new line character in that random bob. I just updated it to avoid that character.

Thanks,
Frank

More
5 years 1 month ago #3537 by Frank
BTW, I just uploaded v2.8.12b1 to the beta folder that includes a fix for that.
So, it will be included in the next AssetStore update.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine