ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGro

More
5 years 1 month ago #3596 by GuruGurra
After update to v2.8.12.f1 I get a couple of error messages in the Unity consol when testing my app in the editor. I can't see any problem in the app itself, only the error messages in the consol.

ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.repaint
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:311)
UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayout.cs:257)
UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayout.cs:248)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Keys_Languages (System.String Key, I2.Loc.Localize localizeCmp, System.Boolean IsPrimaryKey) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Terms_Description.cs:205)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_KeyList_ShowKeyDetails () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Terms_Description.cs:43)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_KeysList (System.Boolean AllowExpandKey, System.Single Height, System.Boolean ShowTools) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Terms.cs:131)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Main () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:79)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LocalizationEditor.cs:174)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1625)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #3601 by Frank
Hi,
I have been trying to reproduce this issue, without success.
Aside from that log, are you seeing any other log related to a null exception or other error showing up before the Mismatched LayoutGroup start happening?

It could help a lot if you could email me your Editor.log showing that error and if possible, your I2Languages.asset file, so that I could try it myself.

Sorry about this issue, I will keep looking at ways to reproduce it.
Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #3609 by GuruGurra
Sorry, I suspect that this might have been temporary problem during an update. I updated I2 Localization to the latest version and then I saw those problems. But now I don't see them any more and I suspect that a restart of the Unity Editor was the "solution".

Ignore this issue for the time being, I'll come back with more data if I encounter the problem again.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #3917 by Peecha
Hi,

i am also seeing this exception already in two of my projects. Its kind of annoying as i am unable to scroll through terms list.
With just a few terms in google spreadsheets and occasionally doing Import - Merge, this bad boy popped up.
EDIT: It happens only if you click on I2Languages.asset with expanded term.

Editor log:
ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.repaint
  at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) [0x00084] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs:311 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x0000d] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayout.cs:277 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00008] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayout.cs:270 
  at I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_KeyList_ShowKeyDetails () [0x0001b] in /Users/petrkarbula/Projects/sniper_mobile/Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Terms_Description.cs:42 
  at I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_KeysList (System.Boolean AllowExpandKey, System.Single Height, System.Boolean ShowTools) [0x0033a] in /Users/petrkarbula/Projects/sniper_mobile/Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Terms.cs:131 
  at I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnGUI_Main () [0x000c0] in /Users/petrkarbula/Projects/sniper_mobile/Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:79 
  at I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor.OnInspectorGUI () [0x0009e] in /Users/petrkarbula/Projects/sniper_mobile/Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Inspectors/LocalizationEditor.cs:174 
  at UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DoOnInspectorGUI (System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, UnityEditor.Editor editor, System.Boolean wasVisible, UnityEngine.Rect& contentRect) [0x0010b] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1625 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DoOnInspectorGUI(Boolean, Editor, Boolean, Rect&) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1632)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditor(Editor[], Int32, Boolean, Boolean&, Rect&) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1473)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditors(Editor[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1309)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:OnGUI() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:652)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView:InvokeOnGUI(Rect, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:302)
UnityEditor.DockArea:DrawView(Rect, Rect, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OldOnGUI() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoOnGUI(Event, Matrix4x4, Rect, Boolean) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent(Event, Matrix4x4, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter:DrawImmediate(Action) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoRepaint(IStylePainter) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement:Repaint(IStylePainter) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:862)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:PaintSubTree(VisualElement, Matrix4x4, Boolean, Boolean, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:PaintSubTreeChildren(VisualElement, Matrix4x4, Boolean, Boolean, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:PaintSubTree(VisualElement, Matrix4x4, Boolean, Boolean, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:Update() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater:UpdateVisualTree() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel:Repaint(Event) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:DoDispatch(BaseVisualElementPanel) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUILayoutUtility.cs Line: 311)

Unexpected top level layout group! Missing GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditor(Editor[], Int32, Boolean, Boolean&, Rect&) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1493)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:DrawEditors(Editor[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1309)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow:OnGUI() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:652)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView:InvokeOnGUI(Rect, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:302)
UnityEditor.DockArea:DrawView(Rect, Rect, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OldOnGUI() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoOnGUI(Event, Matrix4x4, Rect, Boolean) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent(Event, Matrix4x4, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter:DrawImmediate(Action) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoRepaint(IStylePainter) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement:Repaint(IStylePainter) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:862)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:PaintSubTree(VisualElement, Matrix4x4, Boolean, Boolean, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:PaintSubTreeChildren(VisualElement, Matrix4x4, Boolean, Boolean, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:PaintSubTree(VisualElement, Matrix4x4, Boolean, Boolean, Rect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater:Update() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater:UpdateVisualTree() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel:Repaint(Event) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:DoDispatch(BaseVisualElementPanel) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs Line: 1493)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoOnGUI(Event, Matrix4x4, Rect, Boolean) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:361)

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs Line: 361)

Unity 2018.4.5f1
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Peecha.

More
4 years 7 months ago #3918 by Peecha
Here is sample I2Languages.asset

File Attachment:

File Name: I2Languages.asset.zip
File Size:2 KB

Its curious that it only happens with these terms:

Steps to reproduce:
- select I2Languages asset
- expand one of the crossed terms
- deselect I2Languages
- select I2Languages again... voila exception occurs.
Attachments:

More
4 years 7 months ago #3924 by nzgreg
We're seeing layout errors and layout problems in 2019.2.4f1 as well. eg. The inspector and term scrollbars are hard to deal with. The terms content is about twice as tall as the screen, so it scrolls internally, while the inspector also shows a scrollbar. It's quite cumbersome to get around quickly because you have to scroll two scrollbars to get to the content you need to see or edit.

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine