PS :

More
4 years 1 month ago #4051 by lumpazy
PS : was created by lumpazy
The / is used for categories.
What can be done to use the / in normal text, as in 3/4 when i don't want to say '3 out of 4'

Are there any escape options ?

cheers & thanks, lucas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #4055 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic PS :
Hi,
Categories are only applied to the Term Name, not the translation.
And you normally don't want your term name to have any strange character, in fact, there is a code that converts new lines, parentesis, etc into spaces.

So, you normally will have:

Term Name: "Tutorial/Intro"
English: "This is the intro and can have characters like / and \ "

Is that not working for you. Or am I missunderstanding you?

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
4 years 1 month ago #4057 by lumpazy
Replied by lumpazy on topic PS :
Hi Frank,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I had a localizedstring using something like "3/4 " as a parameter. The 3/4 kept getting translated to "3 4".
Turns out the reason was a Localize component on the text gameobject ( which i forgot to remove).

To clarify : I have a text in a message popup which either says something like
"you lost 3/4 of blabla" or "you gained 3/4 of ... "
First i tried using a localize component and changing the term it's using. I also had a localization params manager sitting on that text, which received the values.
This didn't work. The text was not translated at all. Instead the term was displayed (my fallback option)

Now i have used the localizateion params manager sitting on the object that has the script choosing the text, and set the manager type to global.
This works, but i had forgotten to delete the localize script on the text object that receives the translated text.
Then the "/" got thrown out in the process, and i was left with : "you gained 3 4 of blabla".

I 'm not sure that this is the best / a good way to do it, but it seems to work ok now.

The same problem extends into plurals (even though that's a different topic) :

I have text translated / chosen in script. A lot of my text is dynamic, and i if it contains numbers i haven't yet figured out how to distinguish different plural form translations in script.
If the text was static it would be easy, and there are examples for that.

But so far in all other cases your package works great and efficiently ! It's very appreciated and worth the money.
Thx lucas

More
4 years 1 month ago #4058 by lumpazy
Replied by lumpazy on topic PS :
Actually, since the plural forms are in the language source, i assume it should work fine including the plurals.
:) :) :)
Just worth mentioning in case anyone else has a brain hiccup as well.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine