Language Asset Inspector not showing after 2019.3.7f1 upgrade

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #4087 by wharvey
Hi there, I am moving my project to 2019.3.7f1 (from 2018) today and did a clean install of I2 v2.8.13. For some reason the LanguageSourceAsset custom editor will not show in the inspector. I only see the variables located within the scriptable object. See the attached screen.



I've deleted the plugin and reinstalled it 3 times with the same result. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #4088 by wharvey
Also I should note that the project compiles and I can play the game without problem. All text is loaded and displayed during gameplay so it's not a compiler issue I don't think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #4092 by wharvey
Any ideas? I am dead in the water now and will have to consider other options if I can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago #4093 by wharvey
OK, it looks like this is not an i2 issue but an Odin Inspector issue. After a lot of trial and error I was able to track it down. I'll bug them next : )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago #4094 by Frank
Good to hear, I was trying to reproduce this, but didn't found a way even thought I tried converting from all the versions I have installed.
I remember I had something similar when I did the change to solve the nested prefab issue, but that was fixed already, and I was out of ideas!
Please, let me know what ends up been, and maybe I can add some tweak to avoid future conflicts.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 6 days ago #4095 by wharvey
Thanks for the reply Frank!

I figured it out -- sort of. I had experimented with an asset store asset called XFrame. I had decided not to use it but forgot to remove it from the project.

To find the problem I I went through my project and deleted every asset with custom editors, one by one and when I finally deleted XFrame all the custom editors started working again. I'm guessing it was some sort of conflict between that old asset and Odin. But all is well now. Thanks again for your reply!

Wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine