Editing translations

More
8 years 7 months ago #1010 by adroit.andy
Hi,

I am currently planning to get the i2 localization plugin just had a few questions before I buy it. Will be helpful if someone can answer these -

1. Does the plugin support existing translations (so, non-automatic)
2. Can we edit text/translations in the future

Thanks.
Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1012 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Editing translations
Hi,
The plugin allows creating translations (either automatically by using Google Translator or by writing your own translations).
It also allows exporting/importing the translations with a Google Spreadsheet or a CSV file so that translators could edit those translations and import them into the game.

The plugin even allows updating the translations once your game is sent to the stores. If you find that there is a typo or want to modify the spelling or anything, just update the google spreadsheet, and once the game starts it will download all the changes. No need to submit an update and wait a week for apple to approve it.

Also, the plugin allows localizing most assets, from text, textures, fonts, even prefabs!

Furthermore, there is a simple API to allow getting the translations from within your scripts and you can even contact Google Translator to translate dynamic text. So you can show chat messages and other notifications into the device language.

Hope that helps
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine