Terms not in build but totally working in editor

More
7 years 11 months ago #1445 by marnel.estrada
Hello,

We have an issue that some new terms are not reflecting in the build (can't find the term) while it is working on editor. How can we solve this? Have any suggestions? We're building on PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1446 by Frank
Hi,
When in the Editor, the plugin uses the data within the I2Languages.prefab (or any other Language Source you have set).

However, when running the game, if the Auto-Update feature is enabled, it contacts Google and checks if there has been any modification to the Spreadsheet that hasn't been downloaded yet.

If there have been changes, the spreadsheet is downloaded and saved into the PlayerPrefs so that any time the game runs it could access the later data.
So, what could have been happening to you, is that the game downloaded a Spreadsheet without the terms you are looking for, and is using that instead of the ones in the I2Langauges.prefab.

Could you Delete your PlayerPrefs .
- If you are running in a Device (Android, IOS, etc) just uninstall the Game and then install it again.
- In PC: delete the folder (HKCU\Software\[company name]\[product name] )at the Registry (using regedit or something similar).

Hope that helps,
Frank

EDIT: By the way, I just found a fix that will prevent this issue from happening again. I will commit a new beta with the fix later today!

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Frank.

More
7 years 10 months ago #1453 by marnel.estrada
It worked by deleting the registry.

Can we disable Auto Update then so it will always use the one in the prefab? We're sending the build to our publisher and they might see the missing texts because the game was already run in their machine before.

More
7 years 10 months ago #1455 by Frank
version 2.6.6a3 from the beta folder fixes this issue for good :-)

>> Can we disable Auto Update

Just set Auto-Update Frequency to "Never"

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine