Can't make Google Spreadsheet sync to work

More
7 years 7 months ago #1738 by paramburu
Hello, I've been using I2Localization for a while but I can't make the google spreadsheet sync to work when the game is already built.

While on development it is working properly and I can replace, export and sync to and from a google spreadsheet but once it is built it doesn't sync anymore.

I have tried setting "always" sync and even manually syncing and forcing it with I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.Sources [0].Import_Google (true);

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #1739 by paramburu
Hello again,

I debugged it a little more in development mode and still can't figure out the issue. It seems to be something about the versioning system.
I edited the I2GoogleWebServiceV4 scripts. In ExportCSV.gs I commented line 26 and 27:
if (currentVersion <= version)
     return "";

Now at least it seems that the server returns something but still doesn't update the UI. I would think it saves the updated information so I close it and open it again to see if it would show me the updated information but nothing.

I also found some force parameters that don't seems accessible anywhere even if I try to force it with the previously given line, it only forces parts of it, other validations don't seem to take that into consideration.

I would appreciate some help on the matter.

More
7 years 7 months ago #1740 by Frank
Hi,
I have been trying to reproduce this issue, but it has been working fine in all the tests I have done.
I have a few questions so that I could reproduce your case more accurately:
- What Unity are you using?
- What I2 Localization version?

Nonetheless, if possible, update to the latest I2L version (and even better to the latest beta) There has been some changes recently related to how the plugin auto-downloads the data, and maybe the issue you are facing is one of those I fixed in the latest versions.

Also, from what you are saying, it seems that there is a versioning conflict: At one point, the editor downloaded data and saved the version number of that spreadsheet. Now whenever it tries to download again, it thinks that the version it downloaded is newer, so, the WebService doesn't send any data.

This could happen for two reasons:
- You recently updated, and your device had old data inside the PlayerPrefs.(Uninstalling the game from the device and installing it again, will delete the PlayerPrefs data and so the auto-download will work again)

- You changed to a different Spreadsheet, but the LanguageSource is trying to use the version of the old spreadsheet which could be newer. (reinstalling the app in the device will solve this too)

Nonetheless, I advise to update to the latest 2.6.8b5 as that fixes several of the issues related to the PlayerPrefs and the Live-Sync feature.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 7 months ago #1742 by paramburu
Hi Frank,
I am trying to update but it doesn't seem to work. I am on version v2.6.6 b1 (at least that is what the global Source says). I tried updating from the asset store but doesn't seem to work. I even removed everything, installed it again through the asset store and now I am having problems reimporting everything from google and the version label on the plugin didn't change.

More
7 years 7 months ago #1743 by paramburu
Just a little update, I managed to update to 2.6.7 f6... I don't know how to update to the beta version, and I could replace the contents from the google spreadsheet after all in the editor mode. I'll keep digging to see if I can make the build update work. Thanks...

More
7 years 7 months ago #1744 by paramburu
I don't really know what happened but it seems to be working now. Thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine