Localizing different languages replace "." -> ","

More
7 years 1 month ago #2068 by Goscalyon
Hello there,

I have been using I2 localization to localize my game and ran into the problem that a "." is replaced with a "," for german, italian and the like. How could I make sure this doesn't happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2069 by Frank
Hi,
Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Or are you enabling ChangingCultureInfo?

What I think its happening is that the cultureInfo is been set according to the Language, and then, in some languages/variants punctuation are used differently. For example ($1.32 vs $1,32)

In old versions of the plugin, the cultureInfo was changed by default. But that was causing problems where even the Unity Editor started using the cultureInfo.
As one of the latest changes, the cultureInfo is no longer enabled by default. And instead, it has to be enabled by calling LocalizationManager.EnableChangingCultureInfo(true) or by adding the script AutoChangeCultureInfo.cs to any of your scene objects.

Could this be your case? If so, just update the latest I2 Localization or just enable the cultureInfo when not in the Editor.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goscalyon

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2072 by Goscalyon
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your quick reply, this could be the case indeed, I will update I2 as soon as possible and let you know if the problem is fixed.

This was indeed the problem, thanks for helping!!
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Goscalyon.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine