Inconsistency between editor and device

More
6 years 6 months ago #2458 by Smartin
Hello again!

I've got some weird inconsistencies between the I2 behaviour in the editor and on iOS device.

Right now when I set a language in the editor using something like: I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.CurrentLanguage = "French";

...and then run the project, everything is properly translated.

However, when I build to iOS, set the device language in settings to French, and run the project I get three things:

1. Some terms are translated properly to French
2. Some terms remain in english (these terms show up in french in the editor)
3. Some terms are simply blank (again, these show up translated in the editor)

I've checked the Languages tap on the I2Languages prefab and there is a checkmark beside iOS. I've also looked at the individual terms and can't notice any difference between their setup, as well I've double checked that those terms are all in the I2Languages prefab. Again, this problem only occurs on iOS device and not in the editor.

Do you have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #2459 by Frank
Hi,
I'm guessing you are having an issue with the Google Live Synchronization.
That behavior typically happens, when you have made changes in the Google Spreadsheet, but haven't synchronized back to the editor. When in the device, the plugin will detect that the version from the spreadsheet is newer than the Editor and will download/use that instead.
The editor on the other hand, doesn't use google live synchronization, so it always trust that the data from the language source is up-to-date.

There are two ways to fix this issue:

1- If you are not using Google Live Synchronization, then disable it by setting the Update Frequency to "NEVER".

2- Before doing a build, if you made a change in the localization, always export to the Spreadsheet and Import(Replace) back. That will guarantee that you both versions match, so they don't get overridden in the device. Said that, after you deploy to the device, if you make a new change to the spreadsheet, the game will still automatically detect that and downloaded the latest data.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 6 months ago #2460 by Smartin
That was it, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine