What does the checkbox in the Languages List do?

More
6 years 5 months ago #2547 by adamliu
Hi, I'm just wondering what does the checkbox at the end of the language list do. Does mean you don't have to translate this language if this is the default language? I'm asking because I want to know if you have to type in the default language again in the language boxes after you add a term. I thought this checkbox does the trick but it actually not. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2552 by Frank
Hi,
The checkbox at the end of each language is to Enable / Disable it.
You can use disabled languages to store data for you game or more commonly, to avoid showing some languages in your builds, if you are still developing them.

About the default language. What do you mean by that?

Here is a doc with details about the default language: (the one that will be selected automatically unless the user changes it manually)
inter-illusion.com/assets/I2Localization...InitialLanguage.html

If by default language, you are referring to the one that its used when you click "translate" or "translate all", then that depends on the order you set your languages. Normally, when you click translate, the plugin will try finding the first language in your term that its not empty. And it will translate from that language to the one you clicked. If no language is found, then it will translate from the Term's name into that language.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine