Category now considered ''null''

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #2562 by raraPapa
Hello,

I have a category ''Objectives'' that contains 3 Terms. It worked all fine for the past months. We didn't upgrade Unity or the Asset recently. Today I was trying to add a new Term to the category and I got that error. Now, even if I revert my change to the I2Languages prefab, my Terms that are in the category ''Objectives'' are considered like they don't exist and are not working properly.

I also can't add anything new in the ''Objectives'' Category. I get this error:
Unable to assign category: Terms were not found in the selected LanguageSource
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by raraPapa. Reason: Subject was a bit vague

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2567 by raraPapa
Hey Frank,

My problem description might be a bit vague. Is there any more info that would help you figure out what is going on?

Thanks!

More
6 years 5 months ago #2569 by Frank
Hi,
I tried reproducing that issue but was unable. I guess there is something that got corrupted in the I2Languages.prefab or the scene.

I tried
1- creating a term "test" in the category "Objectives"
2- change its category to CustomObjectives
3- verified that it worked
4- change its category back to Objectives
5- verified that it works.

Can you please, email me a copy of your I2Languages.prefab and exactly what steps you are using, I can take a look to the terms data and try reproducing the issue.

Another test you can do, its to export all terms to a CSV or Google Spreadsheet, then verify that they are in the correct category. If they are not, rename the category (in Google Spreadsheet, is the name of the sheet. In CSV is the path e.g. "CustomObjectives/test").
Then import back to your game and see if all works now.

If that doesn't solve the issue, it could be that your scenes contain Localize objects that are refering to the term with the wrong category. When I2Languages.prefab inspector is opened it does a quick parse and finds all terms (the one referenced in the Localize components and the one stored in the I2Languages.prefab).
But when you try to rename them to use another category, then no term is found as they don't exist in the I2Languages.prefab, just in your scenes)
Can you double check that none of your Localize components use the wrong category. Normally I2L will fix those issues automatically, but if something when wrong or out of sync when using P4V or SVN and reverting only some files, then it can lead to this situation.

The other thing to look at: Are you using more than one LanguageSource? or just I2Languages.prefab? Did you instantiated by mistake I2Languages.prefab in the scene?

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 5 months ago #2573 by raraPapa
I had not yet exported my translations to Google. It helped me tidy all my terms and category. I then added a simple debug feature when terms are not found which made my error obvious.

So yep, it was all human errors.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine