Is it possible to create this effect?

More
7 years 5 months ago #1868 by vallcrist
Hello there!

I found about this new plugin from your splash screen on a project that uses I2 Localization.

Really liked the various animations and effects you got going there, would it be possible to do something like this:
www.dropbox.com/s/abvdt9q84ix7cj7/Holodr...tory_Mockup.mp4?dl=0

We need it to be done dynamically and with support for localization, so having a video is out of the question.

What would you say, is this something Smart Edge can do?

Thanks for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1870 by Frank
Hi,
Yes, the glow/hologram effect in the text is easy to do with SmartEdge (there is even a preset that looks almost like that)

The animation system doesn't have yet a Fill-Style sequence type (one that instead of scaling/rotating,etc, does fill like radial-fill, horizontal-fill, etc per character). But that's easy to add (I will add it to the roadmap).

Nonetheless, there is an easier way of doing that animation that can be done without waiting. It is by using an Alpha Mask. You could have a texture with the different fill styles per characters (black where the effect starts and white where it ends) and then use a alpha-cutout shader for applying the mask image. That will be easy to setup and will be pretty fast as well.

Hope that helps,
Frank

PD. If you already have I2 Localization, you can send me an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your invoice number and I will add you to the I2 Localization beta, which will also give you access to the I2 SmartEdge beta!!! So, you can try I2 SmartEdge right away!

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine